Last day of 2018.
Summing up my year in 7 words:
Challenging and overwhelming but JOYFUL and GRATEFUL.
2018 has taught me a lot of things. God purposefully designed this year for me, to be a step closer to the person He purposed me to be. I, personally, have my share of breakdowns and victories. My heart and faith was tested and my character pruned. I have always been very sensitive to what lesson God wants me to learn in every situation I am in. And here are 5 learnings that I like to share with you.
1. Ecclesiastes 3:1 | To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
I learned that each and every situation we are in, may it be good or bad, everything is just a season. And seasons will always pass. So while we’re at it, make the most out of it. Cry if you must, be sad if you really are, pause if you need to, but always choose to pray, rejoice and give thanks because in every season we are in, there is a bigger purpose and a bigger picture behind it.
2. I learned that the hard days are there to to make the good days sweeter. Get over the facts and start believing in the truth. Learn to endure, be resilient and anticipate that the good days are coming.
1 Peter 4:12-13 MSG | Friends, when life gets really difficult, don’t jump to the conclusion that God isn’t on the job. Instead, be glad that you are in the very thick of what Christ experienced. This is a spiritual refining process, with glory just around the corner.
3. Trials and sufferings do not make you inferior to others, instead they make you superior to your old self. Your only competition is yourself. Trials make us better versions of ourselves. There is no shame in facing trials because in the end, we learn, we grow and we are made better.
Romans 5:3-5 NLT | We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.
4. God’s grace is everything that you will ever need to run your life. When everything around you is too much and you feel like you are drowning in life, God’s arms will always reach you and pick you up. He never fails to do that. You don’t have to have everything. You only need to have God on your side and then you have everything.
2 Corinthians 12:9 | But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
5. God is good ALL THE TIME. God is sovereign. 365 days in a year, God is always good. His ways and thoughts are higher than ours. His goodness does not depend on our circumstance. No matter how messy and crazy life gets, always remember, He is good ALL THE TIME.
Psalm 107:1 | Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Psalm 145:9 | The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.
I thank God for purposefully designing my life to give glory to His name. I wouldn’t be who I am today and I wouldn’t be where I am today if not for His grace and mercies that are available every minute of my everyday.
All Glory To Him Alone.